Sunday, August 3, 2008

It Really IS a Small World After All...

Earlier this week, I was coming up the stairs at SLU, and I came face to face with one of my former students, Adrianna, from the University of Arizona! She plays golf for the Spanish National Team and tansfered back to Spain this past January. We hadn't seen each other since December 2005, and neither one of us knew the other was in Madrid.

On Friday, one of Ingrid's high school friends, Vicky, spent the day with us on her way from Salamanca back to the States. She spent the summer here taking grad classes for her master's in Spanish language and culture. They had not seen each other since 1994!



Today, we spent the afternoon with my friend, Luis, whom I met at Saint Louis University in Missouri in 1987! We had not seen each other since July, 1994. It was a lazy day by the pool with him, his wife Rosana, and their baby boy, Alvaro.

You just never know where & when your paths will cross again!
Also, check out the photos of the lunch, which was delivered. I thought we were getting pizza, but surprise, it was paella in a box!












1 comment:

Tina B said...

You both look wonderful. It's great to keep up w/ you on this blog. I'm saving my pennies.. still have a few euros from my last trip. All is great in Virginia. Keep the pix coming.
Love, Tina