Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Holidays!

Well, Thanksgiving came and went without much excitement. We actually worked all day! The weather has been terrible for a week. It has been very cold, with nights in the low 20´s and days around 40. There was mixed snow and graupel (round, white frozen ice pellets) an hour ago! When I left STL in 1990, I vouched never to live where it is cold again. Thus, winter will be the primary cause limiting our stay in Madrid. Some classes end this Friday, others next Friday. I have to take 15 days off before Dec 31, so this will be a very short work month for me. Maybe now I can dedicate some time to my dissertation...One of Ingrid's cousins will be visiting us Dec 14-20, then Ingrid & I are going to Lanzarote, Canary Islands for XMAS week. I will be posting some pics of all the decorations around Madrid once it gets warm enough for us to go sightseeing!

No comments: