Thursday, January 13, 2011

Where Have They Been Lately?

Here in UAE! I've been so busy with the holidays and work that I've neglected to post in 6 weeks. We had several XMAS parties, put up a tree and saw the decorations at the mall. But I guess since we live here, we didn't bother to take any pictures to post. I mean really, you all have XMAS trees at home and the malls are decorated, and you don't take pics and post them, so why should we? Seriously, though, it was stupid on my part. I've been asked, "What's it like to be in a Muslim country for the holidays?" Well, here in Dubai, the malls are decorated, all the Christians put up trees (real ones run about $200US), the stores play both religious and secular XMAS music and you can buy a whole ham in the pork shop! The weather is the only non-XMAS aspect really. So sadly, I have no pitures to prove all of this. Next year, I promise. Now I have to post more pics from JORDAN!

No comments: