Friday, May 27, 2011

Burl Al Arab...Again!








When I called to make the reservation, the guy on the phone said, "Oh, Mr. Robert, you are visiting again so soon. Would you like to join the points club?" I asked, "Is it free?" (some things never change). The guy said, "Yes. When you get here, fill out the application." So I told Ingrid & Vick and was all psyched. By the time we finished off our wine, I had forgotten all about it. I asked for the the check and had my cc ready. When the bill arrived in the leather case, I opened it and found a plastic card. I said, "Oh my God, we got the VIP card!" Ingrid was like, "Really?!? Let me see!" I picked it up and looked closer. It read Southwest Airlines: Varun Shah - to which I responded, "WTF is this?" Vick was laughing hysterically. He had slipped the waitress his cc when I wasn't paying attention. It was soooo funny! Needless to say, I never filled out the VIP points club application, but I did manage to get wined and dined at the World's Most Expensive Hotel without paying for the second time in as many months! Who's the fool now?!?

No comments: